Tough on Grease: Which soap works best for Grimy Hands

 If you work outside, you get dirty, we all know that, but what's the best way to clean the grime off of your hands. I have grown up using and watching my family use two different types of products for this; Dawn Dish soap and Gojo Orange soap. While they are both decent options, I do have my preferences. 




In my house we have always had foaming Dawn Dish soap on hand for my father when he comes home from work. It sat by our sink, not to be used for dishes, we had regular dawn for that, but for my Dad or brother to come inside and wash all the way up to their elbows with. My parents even had a bottle of it in their shower for days when the oil and grease had gotten a little out of hand. 

My grandparents on the other hand always kept Gojo in their shop and in their house. My Grandpa doesn't get near as dirty working as my father, but his piddling does lend to some grime. 

To the point of the story here in my opinion Dawn Dish soap is much better for cleaning off grime than Gojo Orange soap. Dawn creates a very smooth lather and foam, and a little goes a long way. Like their slogan it is tough on grease, and not just the cooking kind. It smells nice and works well on all parts of the body. It is also dual purpose because you can wash your dishes with it too. Gojo on the other hand has a grit to it to help scrub off the dirt which can be a bit abrasive. The orange smell, while nice, can be a little overpowering as well, and just smells like cleaner. 

Maybe you like Gojo better and that's okay because it is useful, but next time you are in the market for some shop soap consider picking up some Dawn foaming wash. 

Comments

Popular Posts