Gnats, gnats, gnats

 Every summer, I wake up one day, usually in early July, and everywhere I go outside I am surrounded by gnats. The tiny little flies that like to fly up your up your nose, into your eyes, and even into your mouth. They are the peskiest of summertime pests when you are trying to get work done outside. I am not a huge fan of bugs touching me anyway, but these annoy me the most. Not only are they a problem for humans, but certain types of them, buffalo gnats for example, can be harmful. They have been known to kill chickens in some cases. So the question is is how can we keep gnats away. 

We have tried a lot of different things and one of the products that we end up using the most is actually Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla body spray. While this sound silly my dad swears by it. Vanilla is a scent found in many bug sprays, and it is supposed to keep them away. We have bought several bottles of the spray when they are on clearance or running deals and we always keep them in the house and in our vehicles for when we are out doing chores.

I do feel a little silly putting on perfume to keep away bugs, and its funny to see my dad use women's products, but if it works it works I guess. And I guess that we will never smell bad during the summer then; covers up the smell of sweat. I don't think it'll cover up the manure smell though. 

Do you guys have problems with gnats, where you live? If so let me know how you handle them, and what you have found works best. 

Comments

Popular Posts